Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#83-Spider Web

This week's block for the Farmer's Wife Sampler is the Spider Web.  I started this block the day after Halloween--appropriate!!  I know, it's purple again, but don't you love the dew drops in the fabric?  And the pink has just a hint of frost!  There is a bug caught in the web--I like to think its not a true ladybug, but those nasty little Japanese knock-offs that congregate in the corners of my house this time of year.  You go, Spider!

After a lovely trip to Ohio Amish country last week on the annual quilt shop hop, I found a great layer cake with fall colors to make this silly turkey!   I love this guy!  Pieced his feathers in a day and spent the next day machine appliqueing him down.  The third day and a half was devoted to machine quilting.  I used my alpaca quilt batting and 1/2" echo quilting.  I love the effect of the fans.  Was going to make him a table mat, but I think I have to hang him on the wall and enjoy him all month!

ttfn
Beth

1 comment:

  1. That turkey is adorable!!! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete